This privacy notice explains how we intend to handle your personal information.
This notice describes the information we use to provide you with our bundle of transportation, financial, and bill-paying services, how we use your information to keep you safe, and the options and controls you have.
This notice also describes your privacy rights and how data protection regulations work to safeguard everyone.
Unless otherwise specified below, Mobishare Solutions Limited is the controller of your personal information.Our postal address is: P.O. Box 1929-00232 Ruiru, Kiambu, Kenya
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or any of the postal addresses listed in our city pages.
Please indicate "Data Protection Officer" on the envelope.The terms "us" and "we" refer to Mobishare Solutions Limited, a limited liability company incorporated and registered under the laws of The Republic of Kenya with registration number PVT-3QU77MJ5.
You or your refers to the passenger or rider who requests, hires, or receives a transportation service via their Mobi app account.
1. Personal data we process
We only process the information we require so that we can offer you the best service on our transportation marketplace.
• Contact information, such as a name, phone number, and email address.
For some of our services, we may require additional information, such as your home address.
• Profile information, such as your profile photo, saved addresses, and language and communication preferences. For some of our services, we may require additional information, such as your driver's license number.
• Geolocation: such as the location from which you need a ride, the location of nearby scooters, the time, the journey's progression, and your final destination. • Payment details, including the amount charged and payment card used.
• Correspondence and communication records, such as when you use our inapp chat or speak with our customer service agents. • Limited identification data of the device on which the Mobi app has been installed, such as the IP address
• Information regarding the use of transportation services, such as data regarding the status and duration of a trip, as well as information regarding your conduct as evaluated by drivers.
• Data related to communication via instant messages directly within the Mobi app ("Chat with Driver" option): date, time, and content of the communication.
2. The reason for the processing
We process your personal information in order to provide you with one of our transportation services or more
:• We connect you with a driver, help you find a scooter, or rent a vehicle: We collect and process personal information to connect passengers with drivers so that you can be picked up and dropped off, or to show you where our nearest available hire-vehicles, such as our cars or scooters, are located. Instant messages sent through the Mobi app are processed for the purposes of providing service and customer support (including resolving disputes between drivers and riders), ensuring the security of our products and services, and conducting research.
• We get you to your destination: We provide ride-hailing drivers with the passenger's geolocation and phone number to facilitate efficient pick-up and drop-off, and to make the journey and route transparent. This information is only collected when the Mobi app is active. The collection of geolocation data ceases when the Mobi app is closed.
• We ensure that your trip goes smoothly:We use geolocation data to ensure that you reach your destination and to resolve service quality issues.• We ensure the application is optimal: We use contact information to inform passengers and riders of updates to the Mobi app so that you can continue to use our services. In addition, we collect limited information from the device you use to connect to our internet, mobile, and telephone services in order to safeguard your account via authentication and verification checks. • We ensure that your ride is the quickest, most affordable, and most convenient possible: We collect data on the routes our passengers and riders take in order to assess geographic coverage. This enables us to improve recommendations to drivers regarding the most efficient routes and to ensure that our rental vehicles, such as our scooters, are located in the most convenient locations for customers.
• We collect your payment: We collect payment information to process ride-hailing passenger payments on behalf of drivers. In addition, we process payments for our own rental vehicles, including our cars and scooters.
• We maintain and promote standards: We collect data about journey statuses, time, and passenger ratings from driver feedback in order to encourage user safety, promote compliance with our terms and conditions, and guarantee that everyone receives a quality and enjoyable service. Customer support information and correspondence is compiled for the purposes of gathering feedback, resolving disputes, and addressing service quality issues.
• We inform you as follows: Your name, phone number, and email address will be used for communication purposes, such as informing you that your trip has been completed, sending you trip confirmation slips and receipts, and informing you of important service updates, such as when severe weather suspends the rental of our scooters.
3. Legal Basis
If we have a valid reason, we are permitted to use personal data in the manners described above. We always ensure we have a valid reason before using your data for any purpose.
•Personal information is typically processed in order to provide you with the contracted Mobi app services. This means that in order to provide you with the service we promised and to comply with our terms and conditions, we will process your personal information. In most other instances, we process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests. Unless overridden by other interests, legitimate interests include our commercial interests in providing innovative, personalised, safe, and profitable service to our passengers and partners. In addition to investigating and detecting fraudulent payments and other malicious activities, maintaining the security of our network and systems, and responding to suspected or actual criminal acts, our legitimate interests include the following.We may occasionally rely on alternative legal bases when:
• it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, such as for processing data when the law requires it, including, for example, if there is a valid legal request to disclose personal information to a third party such as a Court or regulatory authority;
• to protect your vital interests, or those of others, such as in the event of an emergency or imminent threat to life; or
• you have given us explicit consent.If you choose not to provide us with personal information, it may prevent us from fulfilling the terms of our agreement with you or from complying with the law. It may also indicate that we are unable to manage your account. For instance, we collect and process the personal data you submit when installing and using the Mobi app; if you refuse to share your geolocation data via the App, we cannot direct a driver to your location for a pick-up, nor can we show you one of our own vehicles nearby that is available for rental. In other situations, we will be unable to fulfil our obligations to you, such as if you refuse to undergo an identity verification check to ensure the integrity of your account, your account may be suspended or blocked to prevent fraud.
We only collaborate with dependable partners and authorities. Only when there is a valid reason do we share. We restrict sharing to only what is necessary. We do not sell your personally identifiable information.
• The passenger's personal information is only disclosed to the ride-hailing drivers when the passenger requests a ride through the Mobi app; in this case, the driver will see the passenger's name, phone number (in some countries, the number is masked), and geolocation data. • Following the completion of a ride-hailing service, the passenger's name and phone number (in some countries, the number is obscured) will be visible to the driver for 24-48 hours. This is necessary for drivers to resolve any issues with the passenger, such as returning a valuable item that may have been left in the vehicle.
• Passenger feedback regarding the quality of the ride-hailing service is kept confidential. Your rating is only visible to you and Mobi. • Depending on the passenger's location, personal information may be disclosed to Mobi group companies and partners (local subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, agents etc). The same stringent conditions outlined in this privacy notice will apply to the processing of personal information by Mobi group companies and partners.
• In certain instances, we are required by law to share information with external parties. For instance, in response to a court order or in cooperation with a data protection supervisory authority during the handling of complaints or investigations. We may also respond to requests from law enforcement agencies if we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction or furthers a task in the public interest, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. In all circumstances, we will ensure that we have a legal basis for sharing the information and document our decision.
5. Protection and access
• Any personal information gathered during the provision of our services is transferred to and stored in our data centres. Only authorized employees of Mobishare Solutions companies and partners have access to personal data for the purpose of resolving issues related to the use of the services (including disputes regarding transportation services).
•Mobishare Solutions Limited companies and partners have access to personal information to the extent required to provide customer service in each country.
• For research and scientific purposes, we anonymize all data, including bulk geolocation data, so that you can never be identified using it.
6.Your legal rights and control
We want you to remain in charge of your personal information. Through the app, Mobi provides you with access to your personal information, including profile information and trip history. In addition to providing in-app settings such as marketing opt-ins, we also provide transparent cookie consent controls on our website.
Your right of access
• Via the Mobi app, you can access your personal information. You may request copies of your personal information from us. There are exceptions, such as when we must weigh your rights against those of others, so you may not always receive all the data we process.
Your right to rectification
• Through the Mobi app, you can access and update your personal information. You may request that we correct any information you believe to be inaccurate. You may also request that we complete information you believe is lacking.
Your right to be forgotten
• You have the right to request that we delete your personal information under certain conditions.
Your right to processing restriction
• You have the right to request that we restrict our use of your information under certain conditions. This means that your data may only be used for specific purposes, such as legal claims and exercising legal rights.
Your right to object to processing
• You may have the right to object to processing if your information is being processed based on our legitimate interests. You may object to any automated decision we have made and request that a human examine it.The right to data portability This only applies to information that you provide.
• The data retention period for instant messages directly in the Mobi app is 90 days, unless the messages are related to a reported incident, in which case they will be stored for 6 months.
Mobi only retains user data for as long as necessary to fulfill the aforementioned purposes. This means that we retain different categories of data for varying lengths of time based on the type of data, the transportation service it relates to, and the purposes for which the data was collected.
• Your personal information will be stored as long as your passenger account remains active.
• Financial data regarding transportation services provided to passengers will be stored for three years after the last journey. • If there are suspicions of a criminal offense, fraud, or false information being provided, the data will be stored as long as necessary according to internal, legal, and regulatory requirements.
• In the event of payment disputes, data will be retained until the claim is satisfied or the expiration date of such claims.
• Data regarding journey history and usage of transportation services will be stored for three years before being anonymized.Please note that uninstalling the Mobi app from your device does not delete your personal information. If the Mobi app has not been used for three years, we will contact you and ask if you want to keep your account active. If no response is received within a reasonable amount of time, the account will be closed and all personal information will be deleted, unless such information is required for any of the purposes outlined earlier in this privacy notice.
8. Direct marketing
• We may send direct marketing messages to your e-mail address and/or phone number if you have given us permission to do so, or if you have soft-opted in to receive such communications. We may tailor direct marketing messages based on how you use Mobi's services, such as the frequency with which you use the Mobi app and your transportation preferences. Please click the "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of one of our emails if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing messages.
9. Automated determination
For the purposes of issuing warnings and suspending ride-hailing services, we utilize automated decision-making. Using automated decision-making is less prone to error, more productive, and safer than employing people. When determining the need for a warning or suspension, information about your use of transportation services (data about journey status including cancellations and no-shows and data about your behavior as assessed by drivers) is considered.
The suspension of ride hailing will remain in effect for six months, after which access to the service will be restored.
You will always have the right to a human review of the decision and to contest the decision, express your point of view, and receive an explanation by contacting our app's customer support.
• Disputes relating to the processing of personal data are resolved in the first instance via the customer email address email@example.com.
You may contact Mobi's Data Protection Officer at the aforementioned email address.
10. How do I delete my account?
Account deletion can only be done by contacting customer care. To do so, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email you used to create the Mobi account. You will be requested for certain verification information, after which your account will be deregistered. Should you wish to re-open your account, you may do so within a three month grace period, after which it will be impossible to retrieve your registration information because it will have been permanently deleted. You will then need to re-register with Mobi to use our services. Account deletion is done within two business days. This will enable us settle any pending settlement like unpaid trip or bills that user might be having with us.
11. Effectiveness of this notification
We hope you found this privacy notice to be straightforward.Important data protection laws exist. They enhance regulations and your information rights. The majority of these rules, despite their apparent complexity, are grounded in common sense. We take our obligations regarding your data very seriously. As part of our dedication to protecting your privacy and providing you with greater transparency, Mobi will continue to update this privacy notice.Additional information is available in the local Passenger Terms and Conditions, which can be found on our website at https://www.mobishare.org